Valid ID Proof For Infants and Married Women on Spicejet

Spicejet requires passengers to carry original identification proofs. These are quite easy to get for adults since one or the other among these is usually had by the adults. However, there could be situations when these IDs are not present with the passenger. So, what to do in these situations?

Two of these most common situations are when there is a need for infant or just married women to fly (when the maiden name is different from after-marriage name).

Infant Valid IDs

Spicejet generally asks for birth certificate as a valid ID proof of an infant (a child of less than 2 years of age).

However, many people do not register the birth of their child immediately after the birth and, therefore, if they have to fly with the newborn baby, the birth certificate is not issued. In that scenario, the airline does require some sort of documentary proof to establish the parentage and age of the child.

In that respect, it may seek the medical records of the mother, especially the discharge summary. Else, it might even seek vaccination record of the child which can establish the age of the child. If the child was born in the hospital, it might also be satisfied with the Hospital ID of the child.This ID is issued by the hospital and forms the basis of getting the birth certificate.

There could be another possibility with the birth certificate. If it is present, there could be a situation that it does not bear the name of the child since sometimes the parents have not thought of the name of the child before getting the child birth certification. In this case, the name of the child is hand-written on the birth certificate afterwards. However, you must enquire the airline about whether hand written name of the child would be good enough or not.

Just-Married Women ID Proof

Another common situation wherein the valid ID proof for flying on Spicejet or any other airline can create hassle is when the woman gets married with a change in her name and the tickets for flights are done in the new name for which there is no proof.

Ideally, if there is a plan to fly anywhere for married couple, the marriage certificate bearing the new name of the woman must be had from the Registrar of Marriages and any flight plans shall be done only after being sure that this can be had before the flight.

Alternatively, the name for ticket booking shall be kept the maiden one for which the valid ID proof exists.

However, if that is not done, then it is discretionary on the part of airline whether to accept ancillary documents such as marriage cards along with maiden name proofs for establishing the identity or not.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.