Spicejet is the Indian low cost carrier (LCC). It allows online check in for convenience of passengers so that they do not have to queue up at the airport counter. Using its web check in feature, passengers are able to get the boarding passes in their emails which can be printed and taken to the airport. However, in certain situations and for certain passengers it does require mandatory presence at the airport check in counter. For such passengers and in such situations, this online check-in mechanism is not workable. Let us first understand the process:
Spicejet Web Check in Process for Domestic and International Flights
1. Visit its website www.spicejet.com
2. Click the link “Web Check-in” which is present in the right bottom corner of its booking engine.
3. Enter the confirmation number or PNR no. Then either enter contact email which you used for booking Spicejet tickets or provide details of you Name, Last name, Origin and Departure cities.
4. Click “Begin Check-in”
5. Select the Passenger(s) who have to check-in
6. Select the seat from the seat map which appears on the screen. Screen shows the passenger details and the seat number.
7. Give your confirmation and have the boarding pass printed along with the customer copy.
8. Proceed with printed boarding pass and get security clearance at airport.
Rules of Spicejet Online Check-in
1. Available for all domestic and international flights, except when boarding from airports at Jammu and Kashmir. For international flights, the passengers are required to get their travel documents shown at airport counter and then boarding pass will be issued again. International travellers get the benefit of selecting seats of choice and then have to report for check-in only 1 hr 30 min before scheduled flight time (instead of normal 3 hours)
2. Available from all Indian cities, except J& K.
3. Only 9 passengers can be checked in online. If you are a group of more than 9 people, you will have to airport checkin.
4. Even passengers with the check in baggage can also use this facility. They simply have to go to the airport check in counter, mention that they have already done the web check in and then get the stamp for baggage and proceed for security clearance. You do not have to queue in line for standard check in. Merely have to proceed directly to counter and show boarding pass.
5. Web Check-in is not possible for passengers travelling with infants, unaccompanied minors, pregnant women, wheelchair bound passengers and other such situations where checking documents is necessary.
6. Online check in is not allowed for boarding at Ex-international destination.
Online check-in opens 48 hours before scheduled departure of flight and closes 2 hours prior to it.
You are required to report to boarding gate at least 45 minutes before departure.
Online check-in opens 48 hours before scheduled departure of flight and closes 3 hours prior to it.
You are required to report to airport check in counters at least 1 hours 30 minutes before scheduled departure of flight.